October 15, 2009

Pictures...and pork

I love watching The Food Network, especially 30 Minute Meals and Diners, Drive-In's and Dives.  I've never had too much luck cooking any of the recipes I've seen, they tend to have too many ingredients I don't normally buy, or be super complicated!  But Cooking For Real had 2 recipes on one night that I thought looked good - a cornbread upside down cake (not impressed) and Apple Cider Chicken, which looked so delicious.  I bought the ingredients for it and gave it a go, but I substituted  pork tenderloin for the chicken, mostly because I'm tired of it.  It had an onion, 2 apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, cilantro, and salt.  You cook it til the onions are soft, add in the cider, then the meat and once its cooked stir in some flour to thicken the sauce.  It was so great, but next time I will use Granny Smith instead of Gala's because the tartness will be better - and I'll try it with the chicken.  I had mine with spagetti squash, but the guys ate it with rice.  Although Tim tried the squash and deemed it acceptable.  It's worth trying if you like apples - you can comment and I'll send you the recipe. 



Now what you really come here for....pictures!


I love that he loves his baby brother!

He scoots pretty well on his belly...

Gotcha!

I know it's mean but he was trying SO hard to get the porcupine in his mouth.

2 comments:

Amber Rader said...

I've been watching a lot of Food Network (being on bed rest and all). I love Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Giada, and my favorite show at night is Chopped. I don't know why, but I learn some interesting things every now and then!!

*Kendra* said...

It just kills me that I haven't loved on that sweet boy yet! (Not you, Tim!) Ha! That recipe sounds great! I'd love it! Miss yall!