October 28, 2009

Another year has come and gone...

married to my wonderful husband!

Today marks our third anniversary and it's been a fantastic three years.  Friday afternoon we all drove to my parents house in Greenville, unloaded all the stuff you have to take for a baby and 6 year old boy, and got ready.  Neither one of us really wanted to drive all the way to Dallas in dressy clothes!  Tim took me to The Melting Pot in Addison - it's our anniversary tradition.  We went on our honeymoon and have been for all 3 anniversaries.  I know a lot of people think, "why would I want to pay to eat somewhere where I have to cook my own food?", but it's an experience you can't get anywhere else and we both have so much fun there.  Then we got to spend the night at the Hilton, with no kids to take care of, no homework to do, or dishes to clean up!  Saturday morning we went to Dunkin' Donuts, there aren't any within 50 miles of Jefferson, so it was a nice treat.  Tim loves their coffee and I had been dying to try the pumpkin muffin and latte - I love anything and everything pumpkin.  After that we headed to the Galleria to visit Gymboree (I finally found a specific outfit from their website for Jack I had been wanting) and Victoria's Secret.  I could go into major debt shopping at either of those places!  Then, it was back to Greenville to see our beautiful boys and spend a little time with my family.  But, before we headed home we got to have dinner with them at Tim's favorite mexican restaurant (thanks for our anniversary dinner Mom and Dad). 

Tonight, I cooked one of Tim's favorite meals: manicotti with grean beans and cheesy garlic bread.  He loves Italian, and I love homemade Italian, so it's always a hit at our house.  After church we'll share some sparkling red grape juice, just another dorky tradition that we have!

Tim, I love you now more than when I said "I Do", and that was the best decision I've ever made.  You're a wonderful husband, father, provider and minister.  I thank God every night that I have such an amazing, loving, and attentive husband.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!



3rd anniversary at The Melting Pot


And just for good measure, here are the pumpkins we carved last Tuesday.  The scary werewolf is mine and Tim's and the smaller happy face is Jacks.


And this is Riley's.  He got to pick out his and Jack's pumpkins and he chose the face for his by himself.  He did a great job!

No comments: