October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Patch and Fall Pics

We took our first trip to a pumpkin patch as a family of 4 this afternoon.  I got lots of great pictures of Riley, but none of Jack by himself that were any good.  The only one's with him in them are where Riley is holding him.  Jack was 3 months old on Sunday, I can't believe how quickly it's flown by!  He holds his head up very well, people at church are always commenting on how well he does that, and he's been doing that for over a month and a half now.  I think he might be really strong like Riley, which may not be good for me!  He is rolling over, but he won't do it where I can catch it on camera.  He also won't smile and talk for me if he sees the camera anywhere near my face.  As I'm typing this he's laying in his crib, and I can hear him cooing and talking and every now and then I hear a THUD.  He likes to raise both legs in the air and smack them against the crib mattress.  He also likes to lay on the floor in his room and laugh at the ceiling fan.  He does NOT like being on his stomach, unless he's sleeping, but I torment him and make him lay on his tummy mat anyway.

Riley was on the A honor roll the first 6 weeks of school and we are so proud of him, he especially loves math and science (where did he get that?  Not from me!) and he's reading very well now.  His teacher is pretty tough, but I think it's good for him.  He's already doing spelling - I do not remember doing spelling tests in the 1st grade - and he's gotten a 100 on all but one of them, and he got a 90 on it.  We are so proud that he's adjusted to a new house, school, church and teacher so well.

Here are the pictures from the pumpkin patch, plus some others that I took around town.  We want to get family pics done after Thanksgiving and I'm really looking forward to that! 











2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh...SO, SO cute!! Can't believe how fast they are growing! You're one blessed lady!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Riley is sooo handsome!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe how big Jackson is! WOW! Are ya'll calling him Jack or Jackson? Too cute! Miss you! Love!